Excalibur’s world-leading antigen test for COVID-19
£8.50 per test (inc VAT) with Subscription Service
£9.25 per test (inc VAT) with one off purchase
- CE Certified and MHRA Registered
- 100% Specificity for SARS-COV-2 (with very few false positives observed in tens of thousands of samples tested).
- 100% Sensitivity for high viral loads (equivalent to positive PCR values below Ct=28)
- Visual results observed within 2-3 minutes for highly infectious individuals and lower viral load infections within 15 minutes.
- 99% Sensitivity for Moderately Infectious Individuals
- Easy to use – Simple Nasal swab, at work or home. No need to send to a laboratory.
- Rated the most consistently accurate in thousands of tests undertaken by eminent research laboratories and companies.
Contents of Boxes – 20 kits
In December 2020 a new strain of the virus was announced in the UK (called VUI-202012/01 or B1.1.7) that is up to 70% more transmissible than the original variant. There has also been another new strain found in South Africa (called 501.V2)
Due to the nature of the testing, some PCR tests will not detect these new strains of the virus
Our Rapid Antigen Test has been assessed against both of these strains and proven to detect BOTH of the new strains
How Does It Work?
An Excalibur COVID-19 test is great for workplaces, care homes, healthcare environments are more who require a fast, accurate coronavirus test.
This test requires a single nostril swab test to collect a sample. This will then be processed using a fluid called extraction buffer. The sample is placed in an extraction tube with approximately 4ml of the buffer. After 1 minute, the sample should be placed on the antigen card. Wait 15 minutes and read the results for a negative or positive test for COVID-19.
The new Excalibur Rapid SARS-COV-2 Antigen Test Kit is one of the most accurate and reliable tests of its kind.
No lateral flow antigen test measures very low viral levels, which can only be detected by a PCR test. However, the Excalibur rapid test will miss very few infectious individuals. The kit is the only one registered with the MHRA for mass testing.
Contents Of 20 Boxes
Accuracy of the Test
The accuracy of the Excalibur Rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen test is superior to all other available lateral flow / rapid antigen tests.
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDPC) agree on the minimum performance requirements set by WHO at ≥80% sensitivity and ≥97% specificity.
The Excalibur Antigen test outperforms the WHO and ECDPC requirements.
- Up to 100% Specificity for CoV-2.
- 100% Sensitivity for all Highly Infectious Individuals.
What about the NHS?
We guarantee that by providing you with the option to purchase the Excalibur Antigen tests we are not impacting in any way on the ability of NHS workers or anyone else to get tested for coronavirus nor are we depriving the NHS of any supply.
The Excalibur Rapid SARS-COV-2 Antigen Test Kit is available for professional use only under the current UK MHRA registration.